I’ve made myself a promise.
I’m devoting the next 12 months to me.
That doesn’t mean I’m moving across the country and leaving my kids with their Daddy. Gosh no. I love them too much.
It means that I’m focusing on my health – physical, mental, emotional – and my soul.
After a tough couple of years and the addition of my second child, I decided it was now or never.
Here’s some things I’m planning. I figure if I write them down, I’m more likely to stick with them:
- Make time to exercise 3-4 times/week (no excuses!)
- Go on more date nights and weekend getaways (sans kids) with the hubs (our last big trip together was in 2010 before I got pregnant with Kassidy)
- Get back into a routine of physical care (eye doc, dentist, chiropractor and dermatologist)
- Make time to be creative for myself (create art for the house, finish furniture projects, shoot photos of the kids)
- Run my second half marathon (the hubby and I are signed up for the BCS Half Marathon in December)
- Eat clean
- Make more homemade ice cream (why not?)
- Don’t overbook myself or overschedule my family
- Be more spontaneous
- Experience new adventures close to home
- Don’t just make promises. Follow through with them
- Implement a social media and screen-time cleanse, esp. during family time
- Be a kid more often
- Read more for the heck of it
- Work on relationships and friendships in real life, not from behind a screen
- Be okay with down time
- Stop telling my kids “later” and just do it now
- Put away the to-do lists and just live
Life is hard. And it’s very easy to fall into a rut and forget who you are. And what’s most important to you. But I’m taking back what matters to me most and living each day with a renewed purpose.
Here’s to the year of me.
Share this Post