On February 13, my sweet little Auder reminded me that it was my half birthday. What does that mean? That means that in less than six short months, I’ll be turning the big 3-0. And it reminded me of the list I created 5 years ago. A list that contained 30 things I hoped to accomplish before I left my 20s behind forever.
I’d be lying if I told you that I completed everything on my list. I didn’t. I didn’t plan on it. But it’s nice to know that I made a good dent in it — 11 crossed off so far. And it’s nice to think that I still have plenty of time to enjoy crossing the other 19 off. Before I turn 35.
Hmmm…maybe I’ll add 5 more goals to that list just because I can?
My Top 30 Things To Do Before I’m 30
- Get married — 5 years this year!
- Go parasailing
- Get my master’s — 2005 baby.
- Start a family — Barely checked this off in time. Kassidy Reese arrived on July 6. Read the full story.
- Go on an Alaskan cruise
- Visit all 50 states (23ish down!)
- Buy land — Have you read my blog?
- Build our dream home
- Get a puppy — Duh.
- Go whitewater rafting — Our first anniversary on the Middle Fork of the Flathead River in Montana.
- Run a marathon, triathlon or other race (4-6-08 — Big D Half Marathon; 2 hrs, 7 min, 11 sec — WHOOP!!)
- Become an aunt — Thanks Phoenix, Pryce, Mia & Teagan.
- Visit Switzerland
- Go on annual trips with friends
- Go to a drive-in movie theater — Finally! Check it out.
- Ride in a hot air balloon
- Visit every state park in Texas
- Visit the Grand Canyon — North Rim in Summer 2010.
- Go to a Hoelscher-Buxkemper reunion with Kendra and Ray — 2012 will be in Columbus. We can still make it!
- Get a four-wheeler or 4X4 jeep — Did I mention a ton of jeep accessories?
- Get my concealed handgun’s license (and become a better shot!)
- Read the entire Bible
- Visit Canada
- Learn to make homemade jelly and jam
- Learn to sew from Mom and Grandma
- Watch an Aggie Game from a box seat
- Build a barn — Done. In 2009. Thanks Daniel and Anthony!
- Organize my family’s history
- Visit all the major battle sites in Texas
- Host a Smith-Wuthrich-Kujawski-Rabroker holiday gathering — Pretty sure we’ve all partied together for birthdays or baby showers or something. I’m counting it!
And, here’s a few pictures to remind me of #11, because — well, because I miss being in shape. And if I look at these pictures enough, it will motivate me to train for another race after the baby’s born. Or, at least think about training.
|My awesome coaches/fans|
|In the zone|
|Brady took half credit for my medal|